If you have followed our guide
You've Done 80% of Your SEO — Just Like the Pros!
Reality check on search engines
• Your site is published on the web. This does not mean it is particularly visible to search engines. To make your site more visible you need links to your website on other websites.
You can register your site manually with tools provided by various search engines, but the effect of this will be limited, and it will be less influential than having other sites pointing to yours.
• Search engines are partially sighted, and don't exactly speak your language. They still mostly rely on the words and expressions you added to your content after having thoroughly investigated the point of view of your readers.
• Search engines are skilled at associating words and drawing relationships between them. For example: They will know that when you talk about oil on a vehicle related site, you are not talking about cooking oil.
• Search engines will try to analyze the content of your site and match that content to the questions your readers will ask of them. Therefore, you should match the language you use to your users expectations. *
• The job of search engines is to try to give their users, your future readers, the best possible answer to the questions they ask. Search engines love to be useful to their users, just like you.
• They hate to "think" that you are trying to trick them, and your clients hate this too. This is why you should try to be clear, well organized and sincere on your pages *
• Time is an important factor. Search engines value the fact that a site has longevity. It will take time before your site is fully "appreciated" by search engines.
Take care of your reader and Google will take care of your site
In other words, if you have been following this guide,
You have been developing your website into a satisfying place for your reader, and you have provided search engines with a way of understanding your site and proposing it to readers asking the kinds of questions you answer.
- Search engines are built to find answers to questions. Because your site is articulated around the goal of providing these answers, search engines will be better able to understand and broadcast your site.
- By following the methods described in these pages, Your chances greatly increase for search engines to identify your work as an interesting and relevant way to answer the questions asked by their users.
- Search engines are looking for related keywords and key expressions to trust your pages to be relevant to help answer their user's questions. You have chosen the words and synonyms that your readers are most likely to use and search for. They are often the words they are most likely to understand without effort.
- The "one subject per page" rule helps readers and search engines alike.
- Placing your links on the proper keywords, and linking to pages that discuss related subjects, shows search engines that your site is serious about answering the questions of your readers.
- Having all your pages accessible from any page plays an important role, as each page is enriched by the presence and easy access of the other pages.
- Prominent Titles emphasize the structure of your site to your visitors. They are even more visible to search engines because of the tags (h1, h2) in the HTML code.
You get the picture: Search engines do their best to serve your future readers if you do the same. Help your readers and you also allow Google to help readers find your content.
How to check that search engines can see your site
Our guide to help you promote your site has a simple method to evaluate how your site is seen by search engines and how to monitor the effect of your changes and modifications.
Now that you have walked the write path...
You understand the relevancy of the proposed method in terms of reader's needs and search engine optimization.
But there are still 2 more things to do.
1. Read your site again with these general principles here above in mind
Tweak your site here and there. You don't have to finish it right now, It is a ongoing process, a very interesting one actually.
2. It is now time to promote your site
Discover our dedicated guide about how to promote your SimpleDifferent website.
For the benefit of the entire community of SimpleDifferent users,
you can use this form to contribute to this short guide with your remarks and suggestions.